2021-22 School Year
COVID-19 Family Hotline
COVID-19 Q&A Town Hall with Dr. Brad Rahaman
Health & Safety Updates
Beginning on April 4th, it will be optional for teachers, students and visitors to wear masks outdoors on campus. At this time there are no updates in regards to the indoor masking requirement and we will continue to require masks indoors. Both State and County public health departments have emphasized that masks continue to be strongly recommended indoors in school settings and that school districts may continue to require masking at schools and during school activities.
We continue to be committed to a phased approach in rolling back existing mitigation strategies.
COVID-19 Testing Options
There are several free/low-cost options available to individuals to get tested for COVID-19 outside of school. You do not need insurance to get free PCR and rapid antigen tests through any of these options:
- Free at-home PCR testing kits available at designated locations in Los Angeles County for symptomatic or individuals who think they were exposed to Covid-19.
- Book a free PCR test at various locations around LA County or San Diego County.
- If you haven't already, order 8 at-home COVID-19 tests at no-cost at covidtests.gov or by calling 1-800-232-0233.
- At-home tests available for sale around LA County & SD County retailers, pharmacies and online.
- If you do not have a healthcare provider and would like to get connected to one, or if you need assistance finding a Covid-19 testing provider, please call 2-1-1.
Vaccinations remain the best way to protect against the spread of this virus and against severe disease. To make a vaccination appointment:
- All Counties: Visit MyTurn at myturn.ca.gov or call 1-833-422-4255
- Los Angeles County: Visit Website at publichealth.lacountry.gov or call 1-833-540-0473
- San Diego County: Visit Website at sandiegocounty.gov
- You can also schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at your nearest pharmacy (CVS | Ralphs | Walgreens)
Return to School Fall '21_English
Regreso a la Escuela '21_Español
Health & Safety Update_English
Salud y Seguridad_Español
General COVID-19 Updates
COVID-19 Safety Documentation (2021-22 School Year)
Plans as required by California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Public Health:
Health & Safety Information for School Visits
To help keep our Team & Family and visitors safe, we ask that you please review KIPP SoCal's Health & Safety Protocol before visiting one of our school sites.
- If you answer 'yes' to any of the following, please refrain from visiting a school site:
- Have you been out of the country in the last 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone who has tested positive for (or is being monitored for) COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any of these symptoms (even if mild) in the last 14 days?
- Difficulty breathing, cough
- Combination of at least 2 of the following: 100 degree temperature, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Please wear a clean face covering at all times while at a school site
- Stand at least 6 feet apart from other people.
- Before and after visiting, remember to wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.