Free & Healthy Breakfast, Lunch & Supper Meals for Kids!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, food insecurity expands beyond low-income Angelenos, striking 1 in 4 L.A. County households, ultimately leaving far too many children hungry. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March, KIPP SoCal Public Schools partnered with healthy school meal provider Revolution Foods, non-profit meal sponsor Our Little Helpers, and San Diego Unified School District. Together, we have served close to two million meals to local families in efforts to combat the hunger crisis across Southern California.
KIPP SoCal will continue to provide free meals to families through any of our 11 Grab-&-Go School Sites (details below) on Tuesdays & Thursdays, through August 12.
Starting on Monday, August 16, 2021, we will only distribute meals to students who are enrolled at a KIPP SoCal school. For families with a child who is enrolled at a KIPP SoCal school, your child will receive breakfast and lunch at school during the regular school day.
For families with children who are NOT enrolled at a KIPP SoCal school, we recommend you reach out to your child's school for information about their meal program for the 2021-22 school year.
Below is a list of a few food bank locations where you may go to pick up food:
Meal Program Information
- KIPP SoCal is now able to provide free and healthy breakfast, lunch, and supper to any child under the age of 18, not just those who are enrolled at a KIPP SoCal school.
- Families can visit any KIPP SoCal school to pick up meals for all of their children. View a list of KIPP SoCal locations in Los Angeles County where families may pick up meals below.
- ALL meals are FREE for ALL children!
- Meals are for pick up only. They cannot be consumed on site. Parents/guardians may pick up meals on behalf of their child(ren), the child(ren) does NOT need to be present to receive meals.
- Weekly meal pick up will be on Tuesdays/Thursdays at 11AM-1PM, minimizing scheduling conflicts with live interactive teaching sessions.
- Student will receive multiple meals: (2) breakfast, lunch & now supper meals on Tuesdays; (3) breakfast, lunch & now supper meals on Thursdays.
- Please note, August 12th will be the last day of community grab-&-go distribution.
Los Angeles Grab-&-Go Meal Distribution Sites
If viewing on mobile devices, please slide left or zoom out to view full chart with addressses.
|KIPP Academy of Innovation||4240 E. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90023|
|KIPP Comienza Community Prep (Lower School)||7300 Roseberry Ave., Huntington Park, CA 90255|
|KIPP Compton Community School||1650 W. 134th St.
Compton, CA 90222
|KIPP Corazón Academy
|9325 Long Beach Blvd.
South Gate, CA 90280
KIPP Empower Academy
|8466 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90003
|KIPP Philosophers Academy||8300 S. Central Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90001
KIPP Promesa Prep
|207 S. Dacotah St.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
|KIPP Raices Academy||668 S. Atlantic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
|KIPP Pueblo Unido
|3759 E. 57th St.
Maywood, CA 90270
|KIPP Sol Academy||4800 E. Cesar Chavez Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
KIPP Vida Preparatory
|4410 S. Budlong Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90037
- KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy (on behalf of SDUSD) is providing meals for KIPP Adelante students only, Monday-Friday from 11:00-2:00pm at 426 Euclid Ave, San Diego, 92114
- All meals must be picked up and consumed off-site.
- For your safety, please do not arrive before 11:00AM at any of the Grab-&-Go sites
- Please wear protective face covering for your safety and the safety of others.
- Use drive-thru if available. If utilizing one of our drive-thrus, please be prepared to open your trunk for our team members to place meals in.
- For those walking up, please stand at least 6 feet apart from other people at all times.
- No high-fiving, hugging, fist bumping, etc. Offer a smile and a friendly wave instead!
- Do not visit a school site if you or anyone in your household is a) traveled out of the country in the last 14 days, b) had contact with anyone who has tested positive for (or is being monitored for) COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or c) had any symptoms of respiratory illness (fever greater than 100 degrees F, difficulty breathing, cough), even if mild symptoms, in the last 14 days.
Additional Food Resources
- Rose Banner Ministries Incorporated. 5014 S. Western Ave. LA, CA. 310.701.7699.
- Food Net-Centro Maravilla. 4715 E. Cesar Chavez Ave. LA, CA. 323.260.2804.
- Salvation Army Comptom Corps. 736 E. Compton Blvd., LA, CA. 310.639.0362.
- Central City Neighborhood Partners. 501 S. Bixel St., LA, CA. 213.482.8618.
- Los Angeles Community Food Service Resources
- LA Charter Schools & LAUSD map of free food Services: 100+ food sites
PLEASE NOTE: We are prepared to adjust our operations and adapt to changes as they arise.
Children in our school communities may not always have access to healthy food in their homes, and our goal has always been to provide as many meals as possible to children, whether they are physically in school or distance learning.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.