Meal Program Information (as of September 14, 2020)
What's New for KIPP SoCal Los Angeles:
- Federal law has changed and we are now able to provide healthy meals (breakfast, lunch, and supper) to any child under the age of 18, not just those who are enrolled at a KIPP SoCal school.Families no longer need to bring proof of enrollment when picking up meals
- Families can visit any KIPP SoCal school to pick up meals for all of their children. View a list of KIPP SoCal locations in Los Angeles County where families may pick up meals.
- ALL meals are FREE for ALL children!
- Meals are for pick up only. Parents/guardians may pick up meals on behalf of their child(ren), the child(ren) does NOT need to be present to receive meals.
- Weekly meal pick up on Tuesday/Thursday, now at 11AM-1PM, minimizing scheduling conflicts with live interactive teaching sessions.
- Student will receive multiple meals: (2) breakfast, lunch & now supper meals on Tuesdays; (3) breakfast, lunch & now supper meals on Thursdays.
- Meals are for pick up only. They cannot be consumed on site.
What's New for KIPP SoCal San Diego:
- KIPP Adelante (on behalf of SDUSD at 426 Euclid Ave, San Diego 92114) is providing meals for any student/child under the age of 18 Monday-Friday from 11:00-2:00pm.
- All meals must be picked up and consumed off-site
- For your safety, please do not arrive before 11:00 a.m. at any of the Grab-&-Go sites
- Please wear protective face covering for your safety and the safety of others.
- Use drive-thru if available. If utilizing one of our drive-thrus, please be prepared to open your trunk for our team members to place meals in.
- For those walking up, please stand at least 6 feet apart from other people at all times.
- No high-fiving, hugging, fist bumping, etc. Offer a smile and a friendly wave instead!
- Do not visit a school site if you or anyone in your household is a) traveled out of the country in the last 14 days, b) had contact with anyone who has tested positive for (or is being monitored for) COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or c) had any symptoms of respiratory illness (fever greater than 100 degrees F, difficulty breathing, cough), even if mild symptoms, in the last 14 days.
Additional Food Resources
- Rose Banner Ministries Incorporated. 5014 S. Western Ave. LA, CA. 310.701.7699.
- Food Net-Centro Maravilla. 4715 E. Cesar Chavez Ave. LA, CA. 323.260.2804.
- Salvation Army Comptom Corps. 736 E. Compton Blvd., LA, CA. 310.639.0362.
- Central City Neighborhood Partners. 501 S. Bixel St., LA, CA. 213.482.8618.
- Los Angeles Community Food Service Resources
- LA Charter Schools & LAUSD map of free food Services: 100+ food sites
We are prepared to adjust our operations and adapt to changes as they arise.