Take steps to support and encourage reform.
- Ban Use of Inhumane Rubber Bullets
- Justice for Ahmaud Arbery
- Justice for Breonna Taylor
- Justice for George Floyd
- Reopen Sandra Bland's Case
- Justice for Tony McDade
- Justice for Willie Simmons
- Join the Black Lives Matter Movement to Fight for Freedom
- List of Black Lives Matter Active Petitions
- End Violent Policing Against Black People - Color of Change Petition
- Tell Congress To Protect Black Votes - Color of Change Petition
- Tell Your Governor: Invest In Communities, Not Policing - American Friends Service Committee Petition
Find Your Local Representatives
Advocate for 8 Can't Wait
Ban chokeholds and strangleholds
Require de-escalation (officers have to communicate with subjects, maintain distance, and defuse tense situations whenever possible)
Require warning before shooting
Exhaust all other means before shootings
Duty to intervene (officers must stop other officers from using excessive force, and report incidents)
Ban shooting at moving vehicles
Require a use-of-force continuum (this limits the weapons or force that can be used depending on the situation)
Require comprehensive reporting (every time officers use force or threaten force against someone, they have to report that)
Scripts & Templates
Vote: 2020 General Election
One of the most important ways to ensure our community's voice is heard is through the power of voting. The first step in that process is to register to vote. If it’s your first time registering, or you’re making sure your current info is up-to-date, it takes less than two minutes to complete your registration.
Learn more about who and what is on the ballot and the potential impact of propositions in our communities, by visiting this nonpartisan site.
Learn about Voter Suppression and how you can stay informed and take action against in via the ACLU.