Making the Most of Your High School Experience
The first step to maximize your high school experience is to build a support team that will help keep you on track and engaged. In addition to your KIPP Through College Advisor, your support team includes your parents, family, counselors, teachers, community organizations and friends. These relationships will help you receive strong letters of recommendation for college and scholarships. KTC is also a resource to build your professional network. We will share information about these opportunities as they arise.
- Big Future: Building a Support Network. Advice on how to connect with role models, mentors and other advocates both in and out of school.
- How to Use Your School Counselor (NACAC). Recommendations on how to maximize your relationship with your school counselor.
- Big Future: How to Get a Great Letter of Recommendation. Tips on how to secure a strong letter of recommendation.
Summer programs are an essential part of enhancing your resume. These opportunities may have different focuses such as: academic, talent enrichment, music, athletics, college preparation or civic engagement, to name a few. You may also qualify for a KIPP Pre-College Summer Program Nomination, depending on your GPA. Please look out for our Summer Enrichment Guidebook available in late winter of every year.
- KTC Summer Program Guidebook. Our KTC guidebook includes information on various summer programs.
- Big Future: Summer Learning Programs. An overview of why students should participate in summer programs and how to find your best options.
Did you know KIPP Through College can be listed as an extracurricular activity on your resume? KTC continuously finds ways to connect with alumni both socially and educationally. We aim to create opportunities for KIPP alumni to build community and reconnect throughout the year through social events, trips, team-building retreats and alumni recognition programs. Please reach out to your advisor for more information about specific events.
Outside of KTC, we encourage you get involved on your high school campus. This can be a student club, volunteer group, athletic team or anything else that interests you outside of your academic classes. These activities are great pathways toward leadership and learning how to work with different groups of people.
- It's My Life: Get Extracurricular. An overview of ways to get involved at your high school.
- KTC Calendar of Events. See what is going on this month with KTC.