College Admission Planning
Know Your Numbers
GPA, ACT, SAT…Your numbers affect the type of school at which you can be a competitive candidate. It is important you research the average GPA and test scores of the students who typically get admitted to a school and how your numbers compare.
- UC Doorways: Learn what classes fulfill the A-G requirements at your high school.
- The ACT: ACT registration deadlines, test dates and prep questions.
- The SAT: SAT registration deadlines, test dates and prep questions.
- I Need a Pencil: Free test prep.
Build A Smart Wishlist
Your wishlist is your list of colleges to which you plan on applying. Developing a strong wishlist that includes at least 3 likely schools, 3 match schools and 3 reach schools is an important part of the application process. You should create a list based on your academic record as well as your personality. To find the best match you must also find out about a school’s graduation rates, culture, and support services.
- College Results Online: Statistics on selectivity, graduation rates and general college profile information.
- The College Board: College search tools and college planning and preparation tools.
- College Prowler: College reviews by current students.