Student & Family Support Services
Our Student & Family Support Services program during Distance Learning includes, Grab-&-Go meal distribution, English Language Development, Special Education, Socio-Emotional Learning, family training, and technology access & guidance, and additional supports, accommodations & interventions for learning loss.
We stand ready to provide our students and families with the resources and support needed to start the year off strong and set our KIPPsters up for success.
School-Specific Distance Learning
Elementary Schools (Grades TK-4)
Middle Schools (Grades 5-8)
During the '20-'21 school year, meals will be provided to students for each day of the scheduled school year. Our meal program will follow the National School Lunch and Breakfast program and during Distance Learning, will operate as follows:
- Beginning on 8/18 for Los Angeles schools, 8/20 for KIPP Compton Community School, and 9/1 for KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy, families may pick up meals for their student(s) every Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00am-1:00pm. Please note the time change.
- On Tuesdays, students will receive (2) breakfast meals, (2) lunch meals, and (2) supper meals; on Thursdays, students will receive (3) breakfast meals, (3) lunch meals, and (3) supper meals.
- All meals must be picked up and consumed off-site. Families may pick up meals on behalf of their student(s), the student(s) does NOT need to be present.
- As of early August, Federal law will only allow us to distribute meals to KIPP SoCal enrolled students. Whomever is picking up meals will need to show proof of student enrollment. Schools will provide families with a meal card that will serve as proof of enrollment for their child. Families will need to pick up meals only at their child's KIPP SoCal school* Should this policy change, we will communicate that information as soon as possible.
- Meals will be ‘Grab-&-Go’ style and served cold, but some items will come with at-home heating instructions. We will be able to provide substitutions for approved meal accommodations.
Please be on the lookout for specific information from your student’s KIPP SoCal public school in the coming weeks regarding meal pick up instructions.
*Families with children at multiple KIPP SoCal public school can pick up meals for all of their children at one location of their choosing, providing at least one of their children attend said location, and the family has proof of enrollment for each child they are picking up meals for.