Flexible Independent Learning
In order to make sure families are able to balance the challenges of Distance Learning, daily suggested schedules ensure that students can complete all independent work in their own time. Students will be held accountable for the completion of these core assignments, and we will provide recommendations of how the work should be sequenced to maximize learning, but families will have the flexibility to structure this time in whatever way works best for them.
Key components of this independent work time during each day may include:
- Calm Classroom
- Social Studies
- Physical Education (PE)
- English Language Development
Online Learning Platforms
Core daily & weekly assignments through grade-level online learning platforms for:
- Independent Reading
Grade-Level Work Packets
Each school will inform specific learning materials to be picked up.
Guided & Independent Reading
- Independent reading to start the year. View resources here.
- Guided reading with teacher/shared screen to follow
Virtual After-School Program
- Art, Dance, Fitness, Yoga, Science, Music+
- Accepted students contacted with program information.
- Virtual After School Program details here
Check-Ins & Office Hours
- Bi-weekly Teacher to Student 1:1 check-ins
- Daily open office hours available
Meal & Break Times
- Healthy Lunch = Healthy Hearts & Minds
- If possible, outdoor time & limit screen time during breaks.
- Meal Program Details here